Sunday, March 7, 2010

Burnt Toast!

My day started with burnt toast and missing running shoes, thus I was late to practice. I arrived prior to the Mission Moment and continued my flexibility drills while everyone else began their 8 mile run. A Mission Moment is when we share with the TEAM a personal experience about someone we know who is battling cancer or whose battle ended unfortunately. Then we dedicate our run to that person or people.

After incorporating more stretching and strength training during the previous seven days, I began my run optimistic that I would complete all 8 miles. However, after the first mile I knew that running would not be an option. So I walked the remaining seven miles. The final mile was painful but I am happy to say I completed all 8 miles.


I still have a smile on my face after completing 5 miles.

When I finished my run, Coach Paul said he sent the others ahead to reserve a table for breakfast. That was music to my ears; I was so hungry, having completed 8 miles in 2 1/2 hours.



Chocolate Milk: The Best Recovery Drink
We ate breakfast at Cracker Barrel. YUMMY!!

After breakfast I drove to Target to pick up some meds, food, and ICE!!
I experienced my first ice bath.



I am hooked. I see more ice baths in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment