Saturday, March 27, 2010

Azalea Trail Run

Today was the Azalea Trail Run in Mobile, Alabama. I have heard about this run since I moved here in 2007. So this year I signed up to be a runner. However, with my knee pain during this month I was just hoping that I could walk the entire 6.2 miles. Well I accomplished my goal and made a new friend in the process. Her name is Melissa and she completed the Nike Women's Marathon last October in San Francisco. I want to participate in that one too. I LOVE SAN FRANCISCO!!!

Anyway, she walked the entire marathon. So there is hope if my knee will not allow me to run...I can walk my marathon. My main objective is finish the entire marathon. I am a runner not a racer, so time is not a factor. When I participated in the 100 mile bike ride around Lake Tahoe, my goal was to finish. I finished...12 hours later...but I rode my bike 100 miles and finished strong!

So I am still optimistic about San Diego and I will get to test my strength in a few weeks at the Country Music Half Marathon in Nashville.

No comments:

Post a Comment